This foundation course provides students fundamental elements of success in a Project Manager role in a business enterprise, including practical knowledge, techniques and skills. Focused on comprehensively arming you with the techniques used in real-life project management, this course uses a variety of methodologies.
One such method is case studies. For a duration of two days, the class goes through a detailed case study where they experiment with project management knowledge and tools delivered during the course.
Using these chain of lessons and range of methods, this course allows you to explore project management and the many tools this field requires in various industries, giving you the education and confidence you need to succeed in the field.
Your course teacher will provide you many tools, such as easy-to-use checklists, to perform the various roles of a Project Manager effectively. The course principles and curriculum are aligned with the current APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) syllabus.
If you are a newly assigned Project Manager, or aspiring to become one soon, with no education on the subject, this course is for you. We have also designed it to suit any individual aiming to complete complex, multi-level tasks.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Six-Stage PM Model
- Leading a Project
- Setting Up a Project to Succeed
- Making Project Objectives Actionable
- Stakeholders Management
- Project Plan Preparation
- Activity Mapping
- Project Schedule Creation
- Estimations: Revenues, Intangible Benefits, & Costs
- Risk Identification & Management
- Project Team Motivation & Leading
- Project Plan Execution
- Delivering Project Solutions
- Project Closeout & Lessons Learned
- How to set clear project objectives for the project team
- How to correctly employ project management tools on various project stages
- How to plan distinct tasks with appropriate team members to achieve project goals
- How to break down project tasks and delegate them smartly
- How to successfully schedule the various stages of your project
- How to estimate resources and human capital costs and obtaining them
- How to assign various roles with a clear set of accountability and responsibility factors
- How to organize the many project stages and plan a successful conclusion
- How to keep your team motivated throughout the project’s highs and lows
- How to organize project team meetings successfully
- New, inexperienced Project Managers and their assisting leaders
- Information Security Managers
- Business Analysts
Location / Delivery
- June 28, 2019