IoT Fundamentals & Data Visualization with Tableau
- A foundational understanding of the Internet of things (IoT),
- An understanding of IoT application within the industry with an example case study
- Knowledge of cybersecurity issues around IoT.
- An understanding of exploratory data analyses by visualizing data to derive insight,
- A good understanding of storytelling using Data Visualization,
- An ability to create dashboards,
- The ability to install and use Tableau, which is currently one of the most sought-after data visualization tools in the industry.
- Introduction to IoT and the Security Landscape
- IoT and its Applications
- Portability of Devices
- Practical Attacks, Threats and Risks
- Recommendations for IoT Security
- Securing Connected Products.
- IoT Attack Surface
- What is Data Visualisation?
- Classic visualisations
- Why is visualisation so useful/powerful?
- Common visualisation mistakes
- The visualisation process
- Data visualisation within Data Science
- Introduction to Tableau
- Setting up and Installing Tableau
- Tableau Online
- Hands on Tableau workshop
Fundamentals of IoT
Practical application in industry
Data visualization for competitive advantage
Deriving insights from Data
Impact of data visualization on various business verticals
Different kinds of IoT data sets, where they come from and how to extract value from them
Data visualization techniques /tools and how-to bring visualization to life
Creating dashboards for timely decision making
Storytelling with Data
Turn raw data into actionable insights for business automation and optimization
Use data visualization tools /Tableau to meet business objectives
- Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Data Scientist, Students, Engineers, Working Professionals.
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about IoT and harnessing the power within data.
Location / Delivery
- November 18, 2019
- 2.5 hours per session across eight days
Certification & Exams
Dr. Mike Lakoju
A Data Science/ IoT Security Consultant with over 12 years of work experience. He developed a Big Data Strategy framework that helps organizations identify the potential value of a Big Data project. He has expertise in Internet of Things (IoT), Operational Technology Security, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Visualization, Information Technology Security & Security Architecture Modelling.