This course is designed to give the attendees an overall awareness of the basic concepts of Agile Project Management. We will not focus on a specific method. Instead, we will look at the history, philosophy and implementation paths for companies and individuals looking to integrate the Agile framework into their project management practice.
The course covers the introductory elements of the Agile Framework of Project Management: Introduction to Agile
- Introduction to Agile Project Management
- History of Agile Movement
- The Agile Manifesto of Software Development
- The 4 Agile Values
- The 12 Agile Principles
- Characteristics of Agile Projects
- Comparison with Waterfall Project Life Cycle
- The Agile Team
- The Product Owner
- The Development Team
- The Agile Coach
- Where is the Project Manager?
- Value-Driven Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Boosting Team Performance Practices
- Adaptive Planning
- Problem Detection and Resolution
- Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
- Product Envisioning
- Release and Iteration Planning Iteration
- Reviews and Retrospectives
- Agile Tools and Techniques
- Planning, Monitoring and Adapting Estimation
- Analysis and Design
- Product Quality
- Soft Skills and Negotiation
- Value-based Prioritisation
- Risk Management Metrics
- Value Stream Analysis
- Scaling for Distributed Environments
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of Agile Project Management, in comparison to Traditional Project Management
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Agile practice within the organisation
- Give a history for the need of Agile Project Management
- Understand the generic Agile process as applied to projects
- Identify the commonly used Agile ceremonies and artefacts
- Become acquainted with the various tools and techniques used in Agile practice
- Recognise the knowledge and skills needed to plan, execute and evaluate an Agile project
- Understand how to contribute as an agile team member to quantifiable requirements
- Apply Whole Team quality methods to ensure acceptance criteria are met.
The Agile Essentials training is aimed at anyone involved in agile projects who wants to become familiar with working in an agile environment. This includes:
- Project Managers, Quality Managers, Software Development Managers, IT Directors and Management Consultants who need a basic grounding in Agile.
- Business Analysts, Developers and Testers of all levels who require an understanding of how Agile projects work.
- Individuals looking to pursue advanced qualifications in the future, such as the Certified Agile Tester or Specialist Modules.
Location / Delivery
- April 6, 2020
- 2 hours per day across five days