- Course Overview
- This course provide students with practical knowledge for vulnerability assessment and penetration testing. This will allow them to discover weaknesses in applications and infrastructure. Among the skills that are taught are configuring vulnerability scanners, conducting a scan and fixing vulnerabilities that could be exploited by attackers.
- Key learning outcomes from this course
- Configuring vulnerability scanners to detect weaknesses.
- Scanning infrastructure and web applications.
- Analysing vulnerability scan results, evaluating vulnerability severity and prioritising remedial actions.
- Developing and implementing vulnerability remediation plans or processes.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end vulnerability management life cycle.
- Entry Criteria
- Student do not need prior experience in IT security to do well in this course. All you need is a willingness to learn. This course prepares you for a career in IT Security
- Who should attend ?
- This course is intended for anyone interested in Information Technology Security Assessment
- Course Duration
- Five days classroom training with on-going support and unlimited access to SmartLearning lab environment
- Training Method
- Why choose Smartlearning ?
- We have a hands on, work-based training programme that uses live scenarios.
- We offer unlimited access to our lab during the programme for practical exercises.
- Work on live projects will use industry standard tools.
- Teaching incorporates a mix of lectures, coursework, lab and work experience.
- We offer effective and robust support throughout the training & development programme.
- Pre and post-course support is provided to prevent students from feeling alone.
- The payment method for the course is flexible.
- We help students to write their CVs and prepare for interviews.
- We offer individually tailored action plans to get candidates to their desired level of proficiency.
- Related Courses
- Penetration Testing
- Security Incidents Response and Management
- Computer Forensic
- Job description
- Assessing the presence of vulnerabilities is one of the most important IT security roles in the modern day. From health care providers to financial institutions, the need has never been more pressing to protect the vital internal IT systems of a company from any number of malicious attacks that might have the ability to penetrate. A penetration must identify potential security flaws by using a range of tools to test the defences of an organisation’s network. As well as scoping out any highly malicious threats, penetration testers also look at areas such as password policies and user security habits to make a thorough assessment of an organisation’s security practices. For this reason, the role requires a comprehensive understanding of a range of security measures, as well as their associated software and tools.
- Follow industry best practice methodologies for penetration testing
- Demonstrate proficient tool use for basic level assessment
- Search for security vulnerabilities in web, fat/thin and standard applications
- Assess security of operating systems and network device configuration
- Recommend mitigating actions to management and technical staff including document finding
- Conduct penetration tests as a self-managed tester or as part of a small team
- Guide customers through the penetration testing process from needs assessment to feedback and verification
- Opportunities/career prospects
- As malicious computer attackers perform ever more breaches, the demand for professional vulnerability assessors and penetration testers is likely to grow. If you are a tester who can consistently identify security flaws, and patch them up with an immediate positive impact on a business, the likelihood is that you will be in demand. A typical route to the role is to begin as a general enterprise security practitioner, moving on to penetration testing. This could mean starting as an administrator, security auditor or analyst in a security operations team, as a prelude to moving into the specialist area of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing. Or you might apply for roles within a company that specialises in providing penetration testing services, and work your way up through the ranks in a junior role. Many in vulnerability assessment and penetration testing roles have forged their own way into the market, building up a business themselves. This usually starts with vulnerability assessment, with penetration testing seen as a more complex area in many ways. There are many legal implications with regards to liability as a tester, and for this reason seeking an accredited legal advisor is seen as imperative.
What training options do you have available?
We offer classroom and online live/ pre-recorded sessions.
How do I know what training type is most suitable for me?
Your choice of training will depend on your schedule and availability.Our classroom training takes place over the space of 4 weekends while you can attend our online webinar sessions
How do I book my training?
You can book your preferred course over the phone or you can book online on our website using the add to cart functionality.
How long is the training program? How long does each class last for?
Out training programme is dependent on the course, but most of our courses are done over 7 weekends – 4 of which are actual classroom based and the remaining 3 weeks at our lab.
Do you provide interview preparation support?
We provide interview and one to one support all through the course of the programme and for a limited time after the programme. We also provide guidance on writing your CV.
Do you provide training notes?
We provide you reference material, which serves to refresh your memory and provide you with more information.
Do we offer job based and skill based training?
Our training programme is designed as a classroom led training course alongside practical hands on work based experience sessions with use of industry tools.
What are the chances of getting a job after the training?
The chances of getting a job are high, you need to apply yourself to it,we recommend individuals contact recruitment agencies to register their CV and enquire about vacancies. Our training will ensure you are work ready and our experienced staff will give you all the help and information available. We cannot however guarantee that our training will lead to employment.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
Our team is always on hand to help with clarifying any queries or questions you might have. Please refer to our contact us section on the website.
Who can do this course? Who is this course designed for?
Our courses are designed for learners at different levels, for some of our more specialized courses, you might need some basic technical knowledge, please see course details for specifics.
Do I get a certificate after completion of the course?
You get a certificate of completion (non accredited).
What is the mentor program about?
The mentorship programme is designed for candidates who have passed through our training courses to provide support to subsequent candidates who register on the course; it also serves as a refresher especially for mentors who have gone on to secure their desired roles.
|Course Fees :||£850.00|
|Reference Material :||Free|
|Certificate of participation :||Free|
|Unlimited Access to dedicated labs :||Free|
|Ongoing Support :||Free|
|CV Review :||Free|
|Total Cost :||£850.00|