- Course Overview
- Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulation has never been easy. To reduce the complexity of preparing a business for compliance requires a thorough understanding of the core of SOX. The course offers the practical, hands on experience needed to comply with both the spirit and the letter of the law.
- Key learning outcomes from this course
- Understanding the origin and intent of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Understanding 404 internal control documentation.
- Understanding how Sarbanes-Oxley can be interpreted and practically implemented in various industries and sizes of companies.
- SOX process documentation.
- PCAOB Auditing Standards.
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002: Key sections .
- Sections 302, 404 and 906.
- Internal controls – COSO.
- IT Controls and Sarbanes Oxley Act Relevance.
- Entry Criteria
- As this course prepare students for a career in IT Audit, no entry criteria is required. Anyone with an interest in Information Governance could benefit from attending.
- Who should attend ?
- This course is intended for anyone interested in examining and evaluating evidence to determine if (organisations’) IT controls meet Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Course Duration
- Three days classroom training with on-going support and unlimited access to the SmartLearning lab environment.
- Training Method
- Why choose Smartlearning ?
- We have a hands on, work-based training programme that uses live scenarios.
- We offer unlimited access to our lab during the programme for practical exercises.
- Work on live projects will use industry standard tools.
- Teaching incorporates a mix of lectures, coursework, lab and work experience.
- We offer effective and robust support throughout the training & development programme.
- Pre and post-course support is provided to prevent students from feeling alone.
- The payment method for the course is flexible.
- We help students to write their CVs and prepare for interviews.
- We offer individually tailored action plans to get candidates to their desired level of proficiency.
- Related Course
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Job description
- Companies’ compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and its implications, or SOX as it is commonly known, is a crucial aspect of IT security, particularly in the corporate sphere, as SOX is applicable to publicly listed companies. In order to check that a company meets all the necessary SOX requirements, which are designed to protect investors against corporate fraud, several roles work to check that the efficiency and effectiveness of a firm’s IT infrastructure for financial reporting will keep them on the right side of the law. Internal Auditors carry out invaluable evaluations of an IT infrastructure, and their findings act as a foundation from which further checks can identify key strengths and weaknesses within an organisation. IT Auditors then analyse specific technological functions used by a company’s management, while Audit Managers plan and carry out the audit itself, checking an IT infrastructure at every level for its compliance.
- Monitor the implementation of SOX controls
- Co-ordinate companies’ SOX compliance programmes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls, modifying where necessary
- Review business processes and assessment documentation with a view to improving controls
- Design and plan audit strategy
- Lead audits across the organisation to evaluate risks and risk management
- Work with departments to increase compliance, manage risk, and improve overall effectiveness
- Provide management with recommendations for policy, procedure and practice improvements
- Train and educate employees on internal control processes
- Opportunities/career prospects
- Many of those who begin in internal auditing stay on that path, progressing all the way from junior auditor to senior audit management. Internal auditing allows you to build up a cross-departmental knowledge of a specific organisation, offering transferable skills which might be useful down the line. Others will take the route of beginning with an accountancy practice, allowing them to gain the relevant qualifications before moving into a role within a large corporation. Flexibility and a willingness to relocate are valued in the industry, as there will always be an opening for an SOX compliance specialist somewhere in the world! Many professionals develop specialities in certain areas of auditing, and this also commonly leads to more job opportunities with the demand for expertise in specific types of projects. Some auditors are self-employed, although it typically takes a few years to build up a sufficient client base and network of contacts.
What training options do you have available?
We offer classroom and online live/ pre-recorded sessions.
How do I know what training type is most suitable for me?
Your choice of training will depend on your schedule and availability.Our classroom training takes place over the space of 4 weekends while you can attend our online webinar sessions
How do I book my training?
You can book your preferred course over the phone or you can book online on our website using the add to cart functionality.
How long is the training program? How long does each class last for?
Out training programme is dependent on the course, but most of our courses are done over 7 weekends – 4 of which are actual classroom based and the remaining 3 weeks at our lab.
Do you provide interview preparation support?
We provide interview and one to one support all through the course of the programme and for a limited time after the programme. We also provide guidance on writing your CV.
Do you provide training notes?
We provide you reference material, which serves to refresh your memory and provide you with more information.
Do we offer job based and skill based training?
Our training programme is designed as a classroom led training course alongside practical hands on work based experience sessions with use of industry tools.
What are the chances of getting a job after the training?
The chances of getting a job are high, you need to apply yourself to it,we recommend individuals contact recruitment agencies to register their CV and enquire about vacancies. Our training will ensure you are work ready and our experienced staff will give you all the help and information available. We cannot however guarantee that our training will lead to employment.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
Our team is always on hand to help with clarifying any queries or questions you might have. Please refer to our contact us section on the website.
Who can do this course? Who is this course designed for?
Our courses are designed for learners at different levels, for some of our more specialized courses, you might need some basic technical knowledge, please see course details for specifics.
Do I get a certificate after completion of the course?
You get a certificate of completion (non accredited).
What is the mentor program about?
The mentorship programme is designed for candidates who have passed through our training courses to provide support to subsequent candidates who register on the course; it also serves as a refresher especially for mentors who have gone on to secure their desired roles.
|Course Fees :||£850.00|
|Reference Material :||Free|
|Certificate of participation :||Free|
|Unlimited Access to dedicated labs :||Free|
|Ongoing Support :||Free|
|CV Review :||Free|
|Total Cost :||£850.00|