- Course Overview
- This five day course prepare students for a career in Information Security Governance. It involves the principles of Corporate Governance and Risk Management. Students will learn about the fundamentals of risk management and risk management processes using the ISO 27005 framework. Also, the course will explore the ISO 27001 control framework and the ISO 19011 auditing principles. By the end, students would have learnt the practical steps involved in carrying out an ISMS & System audit.
- Key learning outcomes from this course
- How to determine information security objectives and measure progress.
- Developing KPIs for measuring and evaluating internal control performance.
- Performing and reporting risk assessments.
- Analysing risk assessment reports to identify threats to information assets.
- Assessing whether information system complies with security requirements.
- Entry Criteria
- As this course prepare students for a career in Information Security Governance, no entry criteria is required. Anyone with an interest in Information Security Management could benefit from attending.
- Who should attend ?
- This course is intended for anyone interested in Information Security Management
- Course Duration
- Five days classroom training with on-going support and unlimited access to SmartLearning Lab environments.
- Training Method
- Why choose Smartlearning ?
- We have a hands on, work-based training programme that uses live scenarios.
- We offer unlimited access to our lab during the programme for practical exercises.
- Work on live projects will use industry standard tools.
- Teaching incorporates a mix of lectures, coursework, lab and work experience.
- We offer effective and robust support throughout the training & development programme.
- Pre and post-course support is provided to prevent students from feeling alone.
- The payment method for the course is flexible.
- We help students to write their CVs and prepare for interviews.
- We offer individually tailored action plans to get candidates to their desired level of proficiency.
- Related Courses
- Cyber Risk Management
- ISO27001 –Information Security Management System –Internal Audit
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Job description
- Governance, risk management and compliance professionals are in demand because what they do affects the interests of many parties involved directly or indirectly with a company – such as directors, employees and shareholders, as well as the government and the general public. They are essential to large-scale modern day businesses, in order to provide management structure, risk control mechanisms and regulations. There is a certain amount of overlap which comes with the different roles performed in this field, although it can be said that risk management professionals are mainly concerned with the identification, analysis and documentation of the IT-related risks associated with a company’s line of work, while compliance professionals concentrate on ensuring that management and personnel are complying with the companyâ€™s policies and procedures, in addition to external laws and regulations.
- Depending on your level of seniority, being a governance, risk and compliance professional you will be expected to:
- Establish and monitor key risk indicators
- Implement corrective action plans to mitigate risks
- Identify potential fraud risk by analysing transactions, internal reports and financial information
- Address potential and actual violations of organisational policies and procedures, and external laws and regulations
- Report on significant risks and make subsequent recommendations
- Create policies, procedures and control assessments in response to identified risks
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s internal control framework
- Provide training and technical support to management and employees regarding risk management
- Opportunities/career prospects
- There are many graduate training programmes currently set up for those who wish to carve out a career in risk management, and for those who haven’t been to university, it is sometimes possible to enter at risk associate or risk analyst level, with the right training. The typical route up the ladder from there is to develop yourself to the level of risk manager, before eventually progressing to position of chief risk officer, which sits near the top of a company’s IT wing. Such is their importance to the security and legal compliance of companies, many CROs are now appointed as board members. Companies restructuring in line with altered business models often require the help of risk professionals, making them a key factor in the ability of large organisations to deal effectively with change. With the perk of being able to easily switch between different sectors and use their transferable skills across a wide variety of areas, roles in risk management continue to attract candidates with their bright prospects.
What training options do you have available?
We offer classroom and online live/ pre-recorded sessions.
How do I know what training type is most suitable for me?
Your choice of training will depend on your schedule and availability.Our classroom training takes place over the space of 4 weekends while you can attend our online webinar sessions
How do I book my training?
You can book your preferred course over the phone or you can book online on our website using the add to cart functionality.
How long is the training program? How long does each class last for?
Out training programme is dependent on the course, but most of our courses are done over 7 weekends – 4 of which are actual classroom based and the remaining 3 weeks at our lab.
Do you provide interview preparation support?
We provide interview and one to one support all through the course of the programme and for a limited time after the programme. We also provide guidance on writing your CV.
Do you provide training notes?
We provide you reference material, which serves to refresh your memory and provide you with more information.
Do we offer job based and skill based training?
Our training programme is designed as a classroom led training course alongside practical hands on work based experience sessions with use of industry tools.
What are the chances of getting a job after the training?
The chances of getting a job are high, you need to apply yourself to it,we recommend individuals contact recruitment agencies to register their CV and enquire about vacancies. Our training will ensure you are work ready and our experienced staff will give you all the help and information available. We cannot however guarantee that our training will lead to employment.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
Our team is always on hand to help with clarifying any queries or questions you might have. Please refer to our contact us section on the website.
Who can do this course? Who is this course designed for?
Our courses are designed for learners at different levels, for some of our more specialized courses, you might need some basic technical knowledge, please see course details for specifics.
Do I get a certificate after completion of the course?
You get a certificate of completion (non accredited).
What is the mentor program about?
The mentorship programme is designed for candidates who have passed through our training courses to provide support to subsequent candidates who register on the course; it also serves as a refresher especially for mentors who have gone on to secure their desired roles.
|Course Fees :||£850.00|
|Reference Material :||Free|
|Certificate of participation :||Free|
|Unlimited Access to dedicated labs :||Free|
|Ongoing Support :||Free|
|CV Review :||Free|
|Total Cost :||£850.00|