- Course Overview
- Today’s world has a rapidly evolving cyber threat landscape. As a result, organisations need to better understand the risks to their businesses and address them on a continuing basis. This course will give students the skills required to perform regular risk assessment for their organisations.
- Key learning outcomes from this course
- Implementing a standard-based, proven methodology for assessing risks to an organisation’s information infrastructure.
- Selecting and implementing security controls that are in compliance with applicable regulations, laws and policies .
- Performing risk assessments and making decisions on authorisation.
- Estimating the impact of compromises to confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Entry Criteria
- As this course prepares students for a career in IT Security, no entry criteria are required. Anyone with an interest in Information Security & Risk Management could benefit from attending.
- Who should attend ?
- This course is intended for anyone interested in Information Security & Risk Management.
- Course Duration
- Three days classroom training with on-going support and unlimited access to the SmartLearning lab environment..
- Training Method
- Why choose Smartlearning ?
- We have a hands on, work-based training programme that uses live scenarios.
- We offer unlimited access to our lab during the programme for practical exercises.
- Work on live projects will use industry standard tools.
- Teaching incorporates a mix of lectures, coursework, lab and work experience.
- We offer effective and robust support throughout the training & development programme.
- Pre and post-course support is provided to prevent students from feeling alone.
- The payment method for the course is flexible.
- We help students to write their CVs and prepare for interviews.
- We offer individually tailored action plans to get candidates to their desired level of proficiency.
- Related Courses
- Cyber Security
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- ISO27001 –Information Security Management System –Internal Audit
- Job description
- What a risk management analyst does on a day to day basis can vary according to the particular position. However, cyber security the role predominantly concentrates on looking closely at the IT security strategies of corporations and maintaining their effectiveness, or in some cases suggesting improvements. At financial institutions, a risk management analyst’s role often entails looking at investment strategies and planning for worst case scenarios, while in non-financial organisations, the job commonly relates to analysing liability insurance and adjusting customer policy accordingly. In the realm of cyber security, a risk management analyst often acts as a deliverer of security evaluations, as well as analysing a company’s security best practices and providing consultation on technical solutions which may be adopted.
- Implementing a risk management plan and maintaining its execution
- Assist in preventing, tracking, identifying, controlling and reducing risks to a company or its customers
- Presenting security recommendations
- Providing consultation on complex programmes and sourcing choices
- Performing system security evaluations on products from both vendors and suppliers
- Offerng input into one-off projects with a cyber security element
- Acting as a central point of contact for cyber security on a cross departmental basis
- Producing system security risk assessment reports
- Opportunities/career prospects
- Many risk management analysts, whatever their speciality, graduate from college or university with a four year degree. As well as subjects such as computer science and engineering, some form of business or finance qualification will also serve a cyber security risk management analyst well. Organisations can sometimes accept the absence of a degree if a candidate can demonstrate additional experience and certifications in cyber security. A solid background within successful team environments is highly valued, as are proficient technical writing and presenting skills. Risk management analysts generally work regular office hours in the same location, although this can very according to the nature of an organisation. A risk management analyst can aim to work their way up to a senior cyber security risk management analyst position, and from there within many corporations it is possible to progress up the ladder to the title of chief information security officer (CISO).
What training options do you have available?
We offer classroom and online live/ pre-recorded sessions.
How do I know what training type is most suitable for me?
Your choice of training will depend on your schedule and availability.Our classroom training takes place over the space of 4 weekends while you can attend our online webinar sessions
How do I book my training?
You can book your preferred course over the phone or you can book online on our website using the add to cart functionality.
How long is the training program? How long does each class last for?
Out training programme is dependent on the course, but most of our courses are done over 7 weekends – 4 of which are actual classroom based and the remaining 3 weeks at our lab.
Do you provide interview preparation support?
We provide interview and one to one support all through the course of the programme and for a limited time after the programme. We also provide guidance on writing your CV.
Do you provide training notes?
We provide you reference material, which serves to refresh your memory and provide you with more information.
Do we offer job based and skill based training?
Our training programme is designed as a classroom led training course alongside practical hands on work based experience sessions with use of industry tools.
What are the chances of getting a job after the training?
The chances of getting a job are high, you need to apply yourself to it,we recommend individuals contact recruitment agencies to register their CV and enquire about vacancies. Our training will ensure you are work ready and our experienced staff will give you all the help and information available. We cannot however guarantee that our training will lead to employment.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
Our team is always on hand to help with clarifying any queries or questions you might have. Please refer to our contact us section on the website.
Who can do this course? Who is this course designed for?
Our courses are designed for learners at different levels, for some of our more specialized courses, you might need some basic technical knowledge, please see course details for specifics.
Do I get a certificate after completion of the course?
You get a certificate of completion (non accredited).
What is the mentor program about?
The mentorship programme is designed for candidates who have passed through our training courses to provide support to subsequent candidates who register on the course; it also serves as a refresher especially for mentors who have gone on to secure their desired roles.
|Course Fees :||£850.00|
|Reference Material :||Free|
|Certificate of participation :||Free|
|Unlimited Access to dedicated labs :||Free|
|Ongoing Support :||Free|
|CV Review :||Free|
|Total Cost :||£850.00|