Cyber Security Fundamentals
Cybersecurity skills are in high demand, as threats continue to plague enterprises around the world. An overwhelming majority professionals surveyed by ISACA recognise this and plan to work in a position that requires cybersecurity knowledge. This course will provide learners with principles of data and technology that frame and define cybersecurity. Learners will gain insight into the importance of cybersecurity and the integral role of cybersecurity professionals. The interactive, self-guided format will provide a dynamic learning experience where users can explore foundational cybersecurity principles, security architecture, risk management, attacks, incidents, and emerging IT and IS technologies
- Cybersecurity objectives and roles and the difference between cybersecurity and information security.
- The Principles of Cybersecurity.
- Information Security within Lifecycle Management.
- Risks & Vulnerabilities.
- Business Continuity Plan
- Incident Response
- Disaster Recovery Plan
- Security of Networks, Systems, Application & Data
- Cybersecurity Architecture Princples
- Security of Evolving Technology
After completing this course, learner will be able to:
- Explain the core information assurance (IA) principles.
- Identify the key components of cybersecurity network architecture.
- Identity Administrative, Technical and Physical Controls
- Ensures Information Security Policy, Procedure, Standard & Security Baseline are applied Information System, Applications and Network devices.
- Establish management processes to deal with, and limit, access to sensitive ‘privileged’ data and information. Monitor user activity, control access and activity, and audit activity logs.
- Establish anti-malware defences that are applicable and relevant to all business areas. Scan for malware across the organisation.
- Ensure Incident Response Plan & Disaster Recovery Plan are updated
- Protect organisation’s network from internal & external attack
- The Course is ideal for college/university students and recent graduates, those new to the field, as well as those looking to change careers. It is also an excellent resource for professionals in the field looking for a cybersecurity refresher course.
Location / Delivery
- March 16, 2020
- 2 hours per day across five days