- Course Overview
- Organisations find it hard to detect attacks caused by insiders, let alone prevent them. Dealing with the aftermath of incidents like this can be very costly and time consuming. This course teaches the fundamental principles that underpin how a forensic investigation should be carried out. Students will learn the forensic and analytical skills to understand what has happened, how to respond and how to manage any associated legal or regulatory issues.
- Key learning outcomes from this course
- Entry Criteria
- As this course prepare students for a career in IT Security, no entry criteria is required. Anyone with an interest in Information Security Incident Management could benefit from attending.
- Who should attend ?
- This course is intended for anyone interested in investigating security incidents
- Course Duration
- Five days classroom training with on-going support and unlimited access to the SmartLearning lab environment.
- Training Method
- Why choose Smartlearning ?
- We have a hands on, work-based training programme that uses live scenarios.
- We offer unlimited access to our lab during the programme for practical exercises.
- Work on live projects will use industry standard tools.
- Teaching incorporates a mix of lectures, coursework, lab and work experience.
- We offer effective and robust support throughout the training & development programme.
- Pre and post-course support is provided to prevent students from feeling alone.
- The payment method for the course is flexible.
- We help students to write their CVs and prepare for interviews.
- We offer individually tailored action plans to get candidates to their desired level of proficiency.
- Related Course
- Security Incidents Response and Management
- Job description
- It’s no secret that computer crime is on the increase. With more information stored on company IT systems than ever before, the lure for cyber-criminals often proves too much. Standing in the way of this impending crime wave is the forensic computer analyst. The go-to expert for police forces, security services and financial institutions, forensic computer analysts are on the forefront of the fight against the malicious use of IT systems. Responsible for uncovering online scams and internet fraud and hacking, you may also spend time decoding commercial espionage as well as political and industrial spying too. Uncovering high-level criminality like terrorism and the distribution of illegal pornography is well within the job remit. As well as excellent IT skills, forensic computer analysts need to have incredible attention to detail and the ability to adopt creative problem solving techniques.
- Recover data from disks that have been affected during a successful cyber attack
- Decode any systems in place to hide ownership of illegal images
- Analyse the records of mobile phones to track devices to a specific area or alternatively, to remove them from an investigation
- Uncover and follow data trails left by individuals to reveal links between particular groups
- Ensure that every stage of an investigation is well documented
- Present your findings to companies and law enforcement agencies
- Put yourself forward as an expert witness during cyber-crime court cases
- Opportunities/career prospects
- This highly-skilled role requires you to constantly update your knowledge of IT technology and cyber-crime. As a result, you are a very important asset to private companies and law enforcement agencies alike. Job opportunities are wide and varied and include employers like the police, the National Crime Agency, MI5, other government departments and IT firms that specialise in computer security and investigation. Large organisations within the public sector and major corporations even employ forensic computer analysts as permanent members of their IT teams. Under this guise, a good forensic computer analyst could progress to senior analyst, head of security or an independent security consultant. In this wide and varied role you should expect to work on projects in diverse sectors nationally and internationally.
What training options do you have available?
We offer classroom and online live/ pre-recorded sessions.
How do I know what training type is most suitable for me?
Your choice of training will depend on your schedule and availability.Our classroom training takes place over the space of 4 weekends while you can attend our online webinar sessions
How do I book my training?
You can book your preferred course over the phone or you can book online on our website using the add to cart functionality.
How long is the training program? How long does each class last for?
Out training programme is dependent on the course, but most of our courses are done over 7 weekends – 4 of which are actual classroom based and the remaining 3 weeks at our lab.
Do you provide interview preparation support?
We provide interview and one to one support all through the course of the programme and for a limited time after the programme. We also provide guidance on writing your CV.
Do you provide training notes?
We provide you reference material, which serves to refresh your memory and provide you with more information.
Do we offer job based and skill based training?
Our training programme is designed as a classroom led training course alongside practical hands on work based experience sessions with use of industry tools.
What are the chances of getting a job after the training?
The chances of getting a job are high, you need to apply yourself to it,we recommend individuals contact recruitment agencies to register their CV and enquire about vacancies. Our training will ensure you are work ready and our experienced staff will give you all the help and information available. We cannot however guarantee that our training will lead to employment.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
Our team is always on hand to help with clarifying any queries or questions you might have. Please refer to our contact us section on the website.
Who can do this course? Who is this course designed for?
Our courses are designed for learners at different levels, for some of our more specialized courses, you might need some basic technical knowledge, please see course details for specifics.
Do I get a certificate after completion of the course?
You get a certificate of completion (non accredited).
What is the mentor program about?
The mentorship programme is designed for candidates who have passed through our training courses to provide support to subsequent candidates who register on the course; it also serves as a refresher especially for mentors who have gone on to secure their desired roles.
|Course Fees :||£850.00|
|Reference Material :||Free|
|Certificate of participation :||Free|
|Unlimited Access to dedicated labs :||Free|
|Ongoing Support :||Free|
|CV Review :||Free|
|Total Cost :||£850.00|